Monday, July 11, 2005

Gloria's Statement

I GIVE thanks to the bishops for their statement of guidance and wisdom. I appreciate their collective voice of moderation and temperance at this time of national soul-searching. I will read every line and everything between the lines of the bishops' statement in our effort to bring moral enrichment for a nation impoverished both in its material and spiritual foundations.

I shall continue to pray with the Filipino people for true redemption from corruption and evil. I've searched deeply for moral discernment. The second letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians rings true for me: I cannot boast about myself except about my weaknesses. But I know in faith that in my own weakness His power can be made perfect in me to help me become the servant-president for you in the way He wants me to be.

We must also focus on getting our economy moving. I will work with the church, members of civil society, and all others to help build a better quality of life for the people of the Philippines, and to put an end to the political bickering that is causing such harm to our nation.

Once more, I pledge you everything within my power to earn your enduring trust and support.

Once again, beloved bishops, thank you.

No comments: