KUYA JT’S STIR-FRIED MANGO IN SHERRY
WITH ALMOND AND CHICKEN STRIPS
Preparation: 30 minutes marinating
Instead, of Sherry, you may use red wine, white wine, or any wine as substitute
Instead of Almonds, you may use cashew or roasted peanuts
Feel free to experiment
Note: There are two major steps. First cooking the chicken. Second, cooking the mango.
lowercase t = teaspoon
uppercase T = tablespoon
3 chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut into thin strips
1 ½ T (20 ml) cornstarch mixed with 1 ½ T (20 ml) light soy sauce and 3 T (45 ml)
½ cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
1 ½ t (7.5ml) chopped fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
Green onions, white part chopped and green part cut into 1 inch (2.3cm) pieces
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 mangoes peeled and cut into long strips
3 T (45ml) sherry
1 T (15ml) light soy sauce
1 t (5ml) brown sugar
1 t (5ml) cornstarch
½ cup (125ml) slivered almonds, toasted
1. Place chicken in a bowl. Spoon cornstarch mixture over chicken strips. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Heat ½ cup (60ml) oil in a wok over high heat. Stir fry chicken for 30 seconds (yes, 30 seconds!!).
Remove. Drain in paper towels.
- Heat 3 T (45 ml) oil and stir fry ginger, garlic, white part of the green onions and seasonings for 30 seconds.
- Reheat chicken in the wok for 1 minute. Place chicken in a serving dish.
- Heat 1 T (15ml) of oil in the wok. Add mangoes. Stir fry for 30 seconds. Stir in
sherry, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Cook 30 seconds or until the sauce
- Add the green parts of onions and almonds. Pour over chicken. Garnished with sliced green onions.
---- end -----